Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Microsoft declared End-of-Support for Windows 2000

On and off, I still received calls that customer still request support or escalation to Microsoft for Windows 2000. I remember few weeks ago, a Singaporean request support for this Operating System (OS), even though result from the troubleshooting shows that the issue from the OS but not hardware. Furthermore, his server already out-of-warranty but still requesting the support with the arrogant tone.

I informed him orally that Microsoft already declared End-of-Support (EOS) half year ago, and even I can try to escalate to Microsoft, confirm that they will just inform us right away that this product EOS, please consider to migrate to Windows Server 2008. This 'creative creature' throw a question to me :
"..I'm not asking for their help, and in fact you're the one who want to look for their help. If you do not know how to help me, please assign this case to others.." 
Wow..I feel like want to clap for him after the 'request' (or I should say 'order') was delivered to my ear. At the end, I have to reject him in a proper way, and drop him the prove as below:


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment